Wednesday 25 April 2007

Perfect Day Off

Doesn't life feel good when you have the day off of work and all you have to do is lay around at home with some good knitting and a great DVD to watch. Since I'm still transferring all the stuff I recorded from the TV onto video onto DVDs I got to spend a full five hours watching Time Team and working on the 'Classy Slip Up' socks I'm making in a light green Opal Uni. The pattern's from Knit Socks! by Betsy Lee McCarthy. I bought the book last year meaning to knit something out of it almost immediately and of course it ended up sitting on my shelves doing not much at all for the entire time. Once I got my Opal Dreamcatcher socks finished last Saturday I decided it was time to try a pattern out of the book and see how I got on. By the time I took the photos today I'd managed to do the leg and was just about to start on the heel flap. Not so sure if I like the pattern, but the colour is wonderful, a very soft lime green, almost like a ripe pair. The pictures really don't do the colour justice. Gonna call them my Kelly socks (even though they're not quite Kelly Green), they've very classy and a very girly colour choice (they remind me of Kelly Paoletti from the Suzanne Brockmann books).




Unfortunately I've been a bit lapse with posting photos of the other projects I've finished this month, both gifts and stuff for myself. I've made sure I've snapped piccies of all the presents, but my own two pairs of socks I've been a bit naughty with, couldn't wait till I'd photographed them before I wore them and now they're both in the wash. Naughty me. At least I have photos of all the luscious yarn I've bought in the last two months to occupy you while I try and get the other stuff into a state that can be posted about. First a long shot of all that woolly goodness.



On the top row there's two balls of Fortissima Colori Socka (think that's what it's called anyway), two lovely tweedy colours mainly in blues with some grey and purple thrown in. And two fifty gram balls of Regia Crazy Colour. Fell in love with all of these at Olympia when I went to the stitch and craft show with Anne. There was only one stall selling sock wool (other than a couple of outlaying balls randomly spaced on other stalls), so I had to do all my buying in one spot, thankfully they had some great stuff.



The bottom row - 100g of The Natural Dye Studio's Alpaca/Silk mix (I think) in the Midnight Storm colourway (perfect for the Izzy Zanella socks I'm planning, he's another Brockmann character), two skeins of Posh Yarn's Emily that arrived in the post this morning, Brooding on the left, and Sweet Tooth on the right (these feel so damn yummy against the skin), three balls of Rowan's 4-ply soft in a lovely grey-blue, then two skeins of Lorna's Laces Shepherd sock in Devon, and two in Envy (snatched up both of these colourways as soon as I saw them on Get Knitted), and finally some Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Plains, figured I had to try this out at some point and treated myself to the Slate and Nantucket Red colourways this week.




Like all the sock yarns sitting in my stash, they're already crying out to be knitted, but what can a girl do when work's filling the rest of the week?

3 comments:

Badger said...

I'm liking the way that socks looking, and the colour is lovely.

I'm suffering serious yarn jealousyy too, especially the Lorna's Laces in 'Envy' (how appropriate!)

Kate said...

The green Opal looks lovely knitted up. I think it definitely wins! :-)

Julia said...

Love your color sock, Angela! You're doing great on them.

Can't wait to see your finish project and or next projects *grin* :)