Saturday 13 January 2007

Restless Saturday

Despite the fact that I finally found myself the time to take photos of the socks that I cast on yesterday and the first pair I ever tried making, that I certainly intend to frog, I feel totally restless tonight. I have a feeling that little joy will disappear as soon as I get to settle down in front of tonight's NCIS double bill with the knitting, but for now it's being a real pain not being able to concentrate on anything for more than five minutes. I'm hoping it's just a reaction to having to try and fill a four hour break between shifts at work yesterday.

The four hour break did at least give me the time to get going on the next sock project - a knee high pair based on a pattern from Simply Knitting magazine. Picked two shades from Opal's 2005-2006 Uni Collection and adapted things a little to fit the size needles I prefer working with. I'm naming them Colonel's Stripes since the colours really remind me of the US Air Force uniform - a dark smoky blue and a pale blue and with Stargate always in mind, the name seemed kinda fitting. At the rate I'm knitting them they'll probably take a month to complete but I'm hoping they'll be worth it.



The sock to frog was dug out from under other half-finished projects in my knitting bag today in the quest for the other bits of my sock wool stash. It was a trainer sock started well over a year ago with some hand-dyed Opal I picked up on Ebay. Compared to the pairs I've made since the half finished-bedraggled thing sitting on the needles was a little disappointment. Figure at this point it's easier just to rip it out and turn the wool that I still really like into something a little more appealing, that is one I get the skein unknotted, it's a real mess at this point.



Disappointment certainly feels rife today. Took a look in my local Borders just hoping to see Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich. The Stephanie Plum novella had definitely been published in the US and since they usually come out at the same time here I was praying I'd see it sitting there as soon as I walked into the store. No luck though and Borders Man (the sweet guy I've spoken to dozens of times in there about getting my grubby hands on things) couldn't find any sort of UK publishing date for it. I nearly threw a hissy fit over that one, there's a new Stephanie story out there, one that probably has more than a few references to Joe Morelli and it's out of reach for me. Drat!

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hey Angela - am sure you'll find Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich real soon. :)

Love the two socks you made! Especially the one that had the green yarn in it...I believe is the seond photo.