Thursday 25 January 2007

Spiral Bound

Round and round the work days go, where they stop nobody knows...

After two weeks of seemingly never-ending queues at work I finally managed to snitch half an hour's free time to update the blog again. Exam and assignment time is always entertaining at the library, the queues swelling to unbelievable levels on Friday nights when they all realise they only have 15 minutes to get their essays and dissertations in before the assessments office is locked up. The spiral binding always has me thinking of my sock knitting though, both go round and round and round, seemingly without an end for most of the time.


At least now the neverending part of the first knee sock is over. I finished the first one of the pair off last night and within minutes was running around the house with just the one sock on, seriously proud of myself. It was the first time I'd used anything other than self-striping yarn on a sock and the first time I'd managed anything more than ankle length.





They didn't end up quite as long as the ones in the pattern I used, but with long legs, they were never going to stretch over my knees anyway. Keeping my fingers crossed now that I've got enough yarn left over to manage the second one, there's nothing worse than having to wait days to finish a project because your order's delayed in the post.

Since I had a bit of spare time last weekend I also pulled out the entire sock yarn stash to see just how much has crept in there in the last few months, the answer is .... far too much. Just love buying the yarns, drooling over all the pretty colour combinations and the wonderful feel, but at this rate it's going to take me at least two years to get through all that I've got at this point. So what did I do when I discovered this ... ordered some Lorna's Laces from the US. I should permanently get the word 'shopping' tattooed on my forehead.

1 comment:

Julia said...

WOW the finish one pair of the sock turn out great! I hope the end part of it stay on below your knee ;) You should be proud of your sock. Now we just have to pray that the other pair of the sock will be the same sizes as the other LOL

Have you finish with the "Frog" green socks and the blue sock, yet?